Part time 17.5 hours per week, eighteen month fixed-term contract.
Location: This position will be delivered online
ILMI is seeking a dynamic, motivated and driven individual to join our staff team as mentoring / capacity development worker (part time). This role is to work directly with disabled people in the VOICE region on a one to one and group basis to build
About the Project:
Funded by the Department of Rural and Community Development (DRCD) as part of their Community Development Programme our Virtual Online Inclusive Communities for Empowerment (VOICE) project works with disabled people in counties Cork, Kerry, Tipperary, Carlow, Kilkenny, Waterford and Wexford.
ILMI’s VOICE Project is a community development project with the focus on bringing disabled people together in collective spaces. It is based on digital networking, peer mentoring support and activism with disabled people in the south of Ireland (CHO areas 4 and 5). As a genuine Disabled Persons Organisation (DPO) we recognise, first and foremost, that disabled people must have the equality of opportunity to become active members in their communities. Spaces need to be created and resourced to build a collective shared analysis and for representatives to be supported to bring collective voices to inform mainstream service provision and policy development.
About the role
Working with VOICE community development workers, the VOICE mentoring and capacity development worker will inform, mentor and support disabled to build their confidence and become active participants in the ILMI VOICE project.
THe VOICE mentoring and capacity development worker will work with each participant to develop Personal Action Plans, identifying and developing goals through effectively accessing local mainstream services that reduce isolation while improving health and wellbeing.
The VOICE mentoring and capacity development worker will:
- Work with ILMI VOICE community development workers to develop individual and group supports
- Work with disabled people to develop personal action plans in VOICE region, which will be goal-based approaches linked with the delivery of VOICE.
- Provide one to one mentoring / coaching supports to empower disabled people to build on existing skills in order to participate in VOICE project and the development of local DPOs.
- Design and facilitate delivery of online workshops for group mentoring / coaching in conjunction with VOICE community development workers.
- Engage with all relevant stakeholders, ILMI staff and members to promote the VOICE project.
- Provide regular updates to staff, board and members through ILMI eBulletin, ILMI website and social media.
- Work with CEO, staff, board and members to meet Strategic objectives.
ILMI offers a dynamic and flexible working environment and the chance to use your skills and knowledge to make a genuine difference. Applicants will be assessed against the following essential / desirable requirements and are encouraged to use their applications to provide examples of the manner in which they meet these criteria.
- An understanding and commitment to Independent Living;
- Commitment to the values of ILMI;
- An understanding of ILMI’s role as a DPO;
- An understanding of the Social model of disability;
- Commitment to the principles of community development:
- Demonstrated experience of working with disabled people
- Demonstrated experience of providing peer mentoring or coaching supports to disabled people
- Experience of working in a human rights or community development organisation experiencing similar issues at local or national level;
- Excellent communication skills; including proven ability to facilitate groups and work with people on a one-to-one basis
- An ability to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Computer literacy, including familiarity with new media technologies such as Zoom.
- Access to high quality broadband in order to facilitate and record Zoom inputs.
The positions will require the successful candidate to work online and to deliver training and supports via Zoom and assumes successful candidates will have access to internet.
To Apply: Please return your CV (with references) and cover letter outlining why you should be considered for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday 18th August before 5.00pm. Interviews will take place the week of the 28th August.
ILMI is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from disabled people for this position. This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the Republic of Ireland.
The VOICE project is funded by Department of Rural and Community Development.