ILMI Job Advertisement:
Independent Living Movement Ireland (ILMI) Finance and Administration Officer
Part time 17.5 hours per week initial one year contract.
Location: Carmichael House, Brunswick Street North, Dublin 7.
Salary: €17,500 to 20,000 commensurate with experience
ILMI is seeking a dynamic, motivated and driven individual to join our staff team as administrator. ILMI is a national cross-impairment Disabled Persons Organisation (DPO). Our vision is an Ireland where disabled people have freedom, choice and control over all aspects of their lives and can fully participate in an inclusive society as equals.
Main purpose of the job: The ILMI Administrator will manage the day-to-day financial and administrative activities in relation to the organisation in an efficient and effective manner.
Working directly with the CEO, the administrator will ensure all financial and reporting requirements are met in relation to funded ILMI projects.
Key duties and responsibilities: The key duties and major responsibilities of the Administrator will include the following:
- To work with the CEO in the management of ILMI budgets.
- Maintain financial records, including the coding of all income and expenditure and liaising with external bookkeeper
- To assist and ensure all payment requisitions for are accurate, concise and comply with ILMI’s policies.
- Ensure all bank accounts operate in accordance with accounting and ethical standards.
- To maintain and update all ILMI relevant grants ILMI.
- Liaise with external bookkeeper in relation to payroll and accounting, including support in preparation of financial reports for board and funders.
- Preparation of financial planning procedures, including annual budgets and cash flow projections.
- Review and check financial returns submitted to funders.
- To work with CEO, staff and board to ensure compliance with ILMI financial procedures in relation to payments and accounting.
- Liaison with the auditors in relation to end of year audited accounts.
- Liaise with the auditors and plan timetable for completion.
- Work with CEO, ILMI risk and audit group and auditors to finalise annual financial accounts.
- Oversee all issues relating to the audit. Prepare and process the annual return to Charity Regulatory Authority.
- Manage ILMI recruitment processes.
- Ensure the office functions smoothly.
- Provision of administrative back up and support to CEO.
- Taking minutes of meetings.
- Assist in the production of reports and materials for donors, external stakeholders and service users.
- Any other duties associated with the role.
- Bookkeeping and payroll knowledge.
- Have knowledge and experience of financial management.
- Knowledge and experience of an accounts package and MS office skills.
- Demonstrated relevant experience of using computer spreadsheets for financial reporting (preferably Microsoft Excel).
- The ability to prioritise workloads and work to deadline.
- The ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Good communication skills (oral and written).
- Knowledge of non-profit organisations.
- Experience of the budgeting process including variance analysis.
- Knowledge and understanding of the needs of disabled people and a commitment to their equal rights; and an understanding of and a commitment to the values of ILMI
Please return your CV (with references) and cover letter outlining why you should be considered for this role to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Friday 31st March before 5.00pm
Interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place on the week of the 3rd April 2023. Interviews will take place on Zoom.
ILMI is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from disabled people for this position. This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the Republic of Ireland.