ILMI Job Advertisement:
ILMI is seeking a dynamic, motivated and driven individual to join our staff team as Capacity Development Officer. ILMI is a national cross-impairment Disabled Persons Organisation (DPO). Our vision is an Ireland where disabled people have freedom, choice and control over all aspects of their lives and can fully participate in an inclusive society as equals.
Full time: 35 hours per week, initial one year contract.
Location: ILMI offers remote working with expectation of attending in-person meetings in Dublin when requested, with a minimum of quarterly in-person team meetings.
Salary: €35,000 to €40,000 commensurate with experience.
- Design, develop and deliver on-line and in-person training programmes to build the collective capacity of ILMI as a cross-impairment DPO.
- Identify topics, themes and speakers for workshops programmes.
- Work with existing ILMI programmes to ensure ILMI Collective spaces are supported by best practice.
- Support the development of ILMI working groups, with effective training and development to achieve change.
- Develop training resources, including video resources, to support the development of ILMI as a cross-impairment DPO.
- Engage with Statutory and non-Statutory agencies, civil society and community development organisations to promote ILMI training resources to inform practices in other organisations.
- Develop resources, including online and video, for ILMI members and DPOs to develop collective capacity.
- As per the ILMI Strategic Plan, work with ILMI board and staff to develop supports for ILMI representatives on local, national and international forums.
- Provide regular policy-related updates to staff, board and members through the ILMI eBulletin, ILMI website and social media.
- Build relationships with members, academia, Statutory and Government bodies, NGOs and media to promote the philosophy of Independent Living.
- Work with the CEO, staff, board and ILMI members to meet strategic objectives.
ILMI offers a dynamic and flexible working environment and the chance to use your skills and knowledge to work towards an inclusive Ireland.
Applicants will be assessed against the following essential / desirable requirements and are encouraged to use their applications to provide examples of the manner in which they meet these criteria.
- A qualification in Community Development, Equality Studies, Disability Studies and a minimum three years experience in a relevant organisation.
- An understanding of the social rights model of disability and the philosophy of Independent Living.
- Proven ability to design and deliver training programmes.
- A proven commitment to human rights and equality.
- Knowledge and understanding of the local, national policy and international fora that relate to disabled people.
- Knowledge and understanding of the equality and human rights infrastructure in Ireland.
- Experience of working in a human rights or community development organisation experiencing similar issues at local or national level.
- Demonstrated ability to develop training resources, including video resources.
- Demonstrated experience to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer literacy, including familiarity with new media technologies, such as Zoom, Teams, Webex and so on.
- Access to high quality broadband in order to facilitate and record online inputs.
To apply: Please return your CV (with references) and cover letter outlining why you should be considered for this role to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Friday 14th April 2023 at 5pm.
Interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place on the week of the 17th April 2023.
Interviews will take place through Zoom.
ILMI is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from disabled persons for this position. This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the Republic of Ireland.