Strategic Political Campaigning and Policy Development
ILMI will empower members to be active agents of social change by participating in collective strategic campaigns to promote independent living and ensure effective policy development and implementation.
What will we do?
- Coordinate and support collective political campaigns to bring about equality for disabled people in Ireland.
- Empower disabled people to lead all aspects of ILMI political campaigns.
- Ensure that ILMI representatives are supported on relevant Forums and Dáil Committees to bring the issues members face and propose solutions which meet their needs.
- Effectively communicate effectively ILMI’s work to all relevant stakeholders, including our biweekly eBulletin, website, and social media.
- Over the course of this plan, prioritise strategic policy campaigns on the four pillars of Independent Living: Personal Assistance, Housing, Transport, and Employment.