ILMI CREATE Project Coordinator
ILMI seeks to employ a coordinator for our CREATE (Creating Raised Expectations and Aspirations Towards Employment) Project to work directly with disabled people across Ireland in a dynamic online training programme. ILMI’s CREATE programme works with disabled adults through coaching, mentoring, peer support and tailored training to build confidence and self-belief through creative online group and one to one workshops. CREATE supports disabled jobseekers on their pathway to mainstream employment and self-employment.
Full time 35 hours per week, fixed eighteen month contract.
Location: ILMI offices, Carmichael House, North Brunswick Street, Dublin 7 (remote working will also be facilitated)
Salary: € 40,000
CREATE will be grounded in a human rights and equality approach to disability base on the social model of disability. Our structured programme will have inputs from disabled peers who will lead discussions on disability in the workplace alongside targeted inputs from industry experts on employment and recruitment matters. CREATE will create online peer spaces in conjunction with employment supports delivered through Zoom. One to one coaching sessions at the start, middle and end of the programme will provide reflective spaces for disabled people to work with disabled coaches to identify new goals and expectations and build confidence in disabled participants around their pathways to employment.
CREATE will provide direct support to disabled people who are looking to enter the workforce. The ILMI CREATE project coordinator to will oversee the programme of training by engaging external trainers and support the development of a series of peer groups.
The project coordinator will work with a life coach to develop a structured support programme to build disabled people’s self-belief.
Our direct engagement with our members has identified the need for a DPO to create an employment supports programme led by a social model of disability framework, whereby society disables peoples by creating barriers preventing disabled people from participating as equals in society, which would focus on raising expectations of disabled people through peer supports.
The CREATE project coordinator will:
- Liaise with ILMI staff, members and disability service providers to promote CREATE project to recruit 40 disabled participants from across country.
- Build strong relationship with participants, with a person-centred approach.
- Conduct an individual assessment to identify each participants’ career path and discuss aspirations, expectations and training and employment history.
- Link participants in with life coach to arrange life coaching sessions.
- Develop and manage CREATE training programme, including sourcing specific HR training expertise
- Link in with participants over the course of the delivery of the online 10 week programme to ensure full participant participation over the course of the programme
- Develop peer support network among disabled participants on the CREATE programme and facilitate meetings.
- Always maintain high professional standards and confidentiality.
- Participate in training and development programmes where necessary.
- Provide full administrative reporting for the CREATE project
- Liaise with relevant organisations to develop strategic partnerships emerging from the CREATE programme.
- Work with ILMI staff, life coaches, participants and external HR trainers to develop a full evaluation of the CREATE project.
- Carry out any other function relevant to the position of CREATE project coordinator as directed by the ILMI CEO.
- An understanding and commitment to Independent Living;
- Commitment to the values of ILMI;
- An understanding of ILMI’s role as a DPO;
- An understanding of the Social model of disability;
- Commitment to the principles of community development:
- Experience of working in a human rights or community development organisation experiencing similar issues at local or national level;
- Excellent communication skills; including proven ability to facilitate groups and work with people on a one-to-one basis
- An ability to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Computer literacy, including familiarity with new media technologies such as Zoom.
- Access to high quality broadband in order to facilitate and record Zoom inputs.
- Relevant Third Level Qualification is a distinct advantage in; Adult Guidance / Business / HR / Recruitment / Sales / Marketing.
- Experience of working with disabled people is desirable however, the ability to communicate, with disabled job seekers is essential.
- Ability to show sensitivity towards job seekers needs and empower them to succeed in the workplace.
- Experience of using recruitment and employment principles, methods, techniques and resources.
- Knowledge of Employment Legislation.
- A high level of professionalism is required for this post, and confidentiality is of utmost importance.
The position is based in ILMI offices in Brunswick Street but the programme and peer support will be delivered via Zoom so there is flexibility on alternate working arrangements (assuming quality access to internet).
To Apply: Please return your CV (with names of referees) and cover letter outlining why you should be considered for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday 5th February 20201 at 5pm.
Interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place on the week of the 16th February 2021. Interviews will take place via Zoom.
ILMI is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from disabled people for this position. This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the Republic of Ireland.
This project was approved by Government with support from the Dormant Accounts Fund.